Thursday, October 12, 2006

Consider this....

If you are looking to get a dog, why not get one from a rescue organization? After Obie's passing, I found the only time I was smiling for a bit was while looking at the Midwest Boston Terrier website. I had never thought of getting involved in something like this. We are looking now to adopt another Boston, or "BT" as Boston folks call them. If you go to www.midwestbtrescue.org, you can take a look at some of these little cutie pies. Read some of their stories. If you have a few extra bucks, why not pitch in for a surgery or just a one time donation to help out. I am going to be doing some volunteer work for them and after we get a good routine with our new little buddy, we might foster some as well. We were looking at "Ginger" but she has had both knees operated on and has a fear of getting hurt so she might not be a good fit with a 2 year old and a very active doggie friend we have named "Smudge." So now we are looking into adopting Newman. I spoke with his foster mom and he sounds like he'd be a good fit for our family. We will go to meet him after we get back from our trip to Washington. If for some reason he does not work out, we'll look at "Norman." LOVE that mug..........anyway..........there are plenty of little guys that are looking for loving "forever families."So when you think about getting a doggie, check out the shelter or a rescue organization. I will post in another day or so and tell you about our transportation drama.........

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

we miss you patty:)

6:18 AM  
Blogger patty said...

I miss y'all too. I will be posting on my blog tonight about our trip out here. VERY eventful, unfortunately.......be sure to check it out later.

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home