Friday, August 11, 2006

Praise the Lord

For all of you who have been following the saga, we have a closing date. After only the third showing on the house, they made an offer. We have a closing date of September 23rd. I am excited, but keeping my glee in check until I have money in the bank. THEN I'll put my dancing shoes on. It was bittersweet the last time I was over there. I went to plant some flowers around the entrance and as I looked over the fence into the back yard, I remember Annalynn running around and playing in her first pool. I got kind of misty and decided I did not want to go back again. Am I being melodramatic, or is it just that way with your first house? I mean, some folks stay in the same house their whole lives. I guess I started to get attached to this one. I think if it were not for Day's job, we'd still be there. I miss being on a dead end street with no traffic. I am not too keen on living right in town. Day and I have decided that when the 2 years is up (home sale tax stuff.......) we will look for a place back in the country. I really miss having a big garden and NOT having cars whizzing by all day. I miss the quiet. So for now, keep your address books as they are. Haha. I have joked with friends before that the "P" page in the address book always has one spot that is written over and over and scribbled out a lot. Thanks to all of you who have been encouraging, prayed for this situation and helped out in getting the house back into shape. We plan on having some kind of dinner or pizza party for the folks who helped out on the place. Will let you know when it is really "over."

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Sara said...

Pat,
I was 19 when we moved out of the house I grew up in. Nobody in our family really felt anything when we left. I thought it strange, especially for my mom and me, because we tend to be pretty emotional. But now, I find myself back at the old house in my dreams almost every night, and I sometimes drive by it just to see what the new owners have done to it. (They painted it grey from the ugly brown color it was.)

I had a dream the other night that the current owners sold the house to Dan and me. It was the best dream! How cool would it be to buy back the house I grew up in?

Anyway, I kind of understand how you feel about the house. That's where your baby spent her first few years. There are a lot of good memories there.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth F. said...

I don't know if it is your first house or the house where you started your family. Every time I drive/drove by 505-B Valparaiso St. I would think "Oohhh, that's where Zoe was born!" "Our first house in Valpo!" You just make so many memories there, and I think it's normal to tear up a little thinking back about those times. I think you leave a little piece of yourself in every place you live...maybe a little piece of your spirit.

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home