Sunday, February 11, 2007

God cares about the little stuff...

About a week ago, Annalynn got a little cut on her finger. Very little, but enough to need a band aid. It was her first experience with band aids. I take that back, we had one other incident about a month ago. So now everyone has had to have band aids on: her little pet shop pets, her kack kack, her kitty, etc....well yesterday there was one left. When she went to bed, she realized her band aid had come off. So she asked for another. There were none left. I assumed Day might have used the last one. Of course, this was a crisis now. But I convinced her a kiss and a prayer would make it all better. So this morning, we are all waking up and she rolls over and the VERY FIRST WORDS OUT OF HER MOUTH are "poppy, you used the last band aid." We both thought that was the funniest thing. Later we're at church. A friend of ours, Tracy, comes over with a BOX OF HELLO KITTY BAND AIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She had seen them earlier in the week and just thought of Annalynn, who LOVES Hello Kitty, and bought them. Is that not the coolest thing, that she brings them the day we "needed" band aids????? This is just one of the small ways God speaks to me and lets me know "I'm here, I care, I see what goes on." And Annalynn used up most of them this afternoon and is now sleeping with the box of band aids.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoever the hell invented bandaids was a flippin GENIUS. for $1.09 my children are magically free of hurts and ills...as are their stuffed animals and occasionally (if the bandaids have a fun character on them that make them then resemble a STICKER) my walls. oh well, small price to pay

8:22 AM  
Blogger Nothing said...

HAHA!! Cute story and yes God does care about the little things. I love how He uses the little things that we would think He doesn't even notice to show us how much He really does care and how close of attention he pays to us. Your band aid story brought back a memory and so I thought I would share it. You can go to my blog http://mamatammy.blogspot.com/
to see it.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth F. said...

We have a rule in our house: "We only use band-aids if there is blood involved." We try praying for the boo-boo first, and use other stuff like ice packs etc... We got to a point a couple years ago that we had invisible boo-boos and needed bandaids on them for no reason. That x 2 kids (at the time) got expensive. Then, the tantrums when we did not have band-aids with characters on them. We had plain ones, but they would not wear those. I hate band-aids for this reason. So, I have stopped buying character band-aids. If there is blood they can wear plain ones...God forbid that! LOL!

5:44 AM  
Blogger Jenny W said...

time to post patrick:)

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home