Friday, September 02, 2005

This is only a test.....

.........and I flunked it.......again. Monday, I was supposed to meet the NIPSCO guy at the new place. He was to call a half hour before he'd be on site as it takes me a half hour to get there. He calls me and says, "I'm at 366 Hawthorne." I said. "Oh, well, I'm in Valparaiso." I explained that I was told he'd call a half hour before I was to be there. He said he had a couple quick things to do and then he'd come back. It would be about a half hour. "Great," I said, "It will take me a half hour to get there...I'm walking out the door." Well, I get there, he's not there. Okay, I unload the boxes I had in my van, and sat for awhile. He still didn't show. I go in the house and notice there is a light on in one of the closets. Oh, He's been here already. Guess he didn't need me after all. Okay. So I sat in the car just a bit longer "just in case." Then I leave. Day goes back the next day and tries to light the water heater. It does not work. Okay, so they didn't turn the gas on. I call yesterday. "Can I get someone to turn the gas on tomorrow?" See, it's the weekend now, and a holiday Monday and we're moving in over the weekend so our renters can move in here. "Sure ma'am. We can reschedule you for tomorrow. But you know that will be a $40 charge." I ask why. She said, "Because he was there once before and you were not." Okay. Hmmmm..........doesn't seem quite fair, but they're NIPSCO and they are the only option. So although I argue a bit and let her know it was not my fault he didn't call ahead and then didn't show up when he said he was gonna, and I don't feel I should have to pay for him again, she tells me there is nothing they can do about that. It's their policy. SO, I ask her if he will call again a half hour before going as it TAKES ME A HALF HOUR TO GET THERE. I explained this a few times just to get it through her head. She said the work would be completed some time between 8 and noon. Okay. SO I get up early and get ready. at 11:30, Annalynn is BANGING ON THE BEDROOM DOOR because she wants a nap. I thought "sure as shit, the minute I get her down, they'll call." But then I realize it's now 20 til 12. So I call. "Oh, he's been busy. He is finishing up a call and then is on his way to your place." Okay, were you gonna call and tell me that? Now at this point, I realize I have LOST MY KEY. so NOW I have to stop at my mom's and pick up a key before I go. So I tell the lady, it will take me 20 minutes to get to where I need to go and then 30 minutes from there. No problem, they will call my mom's. I give her the number, she reads it back and off I go. I drive 70 mph to my mom's, she is waiting in the driveway with a key. THey have not called yet. Good, then I know I will make it in time as he is still going to call. WELL, I get there, unload my boxes and wait an HOUR. I got a bad feeling 'bout this..........So I go to the neighbor's house to use the phone. The man I talk to says "Sorry ma'am. It says he was there already today and waited 20 minutes and you never showed." I went through the whole spiel again NO WAY WAS THIS GUY HERE WHEN HE SAID HE WAS. "sorry, we'll have to reschedule you. the soonest we can get someone there is Tuesday." I asked, "will I have to pay another $40 charge?" YEP. So at this point, I am so FREAKING mad. I am bawling all the way home. I feel taken advantage of and lied to and so pissed off. To make this long story barely shorter, too bad, so sad, sucks to be you. He said they called my mom's. I get home and call her. Nope, they never called. So I check my messages, the lady said "we tried the 733-----number, and it does not work. OUr guy is on his way over. (hello, I told you I would not be here.......) well the number she read off was WRONG. So I call NIPSCO and ask to speak to a supervisor......there is no one available. they will call you. you can imagine how this will turn out Tuesday. anybody wanna place a bet???

4 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Sara said...

It'll take until Thursday to get it ironed out sufficiently, but it still won't be to your liking. You'll probably have to pay at least one of the $40 charges. Unless you yell loud enough. Go for it, Patty! Give 'em hell!

6:36 AM  
Blogger Annette said...

I am guessing by the lack of posting things didn't go well. Patty, did you go postal on the Nipsco guys and end up in the slammer? If so please send a telegram and I will mail you a package with a spoon in a cake to shovel your way back home.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Sarafu said...

Taht Royally SUCKS!!! That makes my blood boil just reading that! They know they can do whatever the hell they want because in the end we have to have gas and electric. Where is out other option for service? Isnt that a monopoly?

8:24 AM  
Blogger John F. said...

Well...I'm pissed off for you right now!! And it pisses me off even more to think this winter my heating bill is going to sky-rocket...Geez...I am soo pissed off! OK..You get the point! Good Luck!

Elizabeth F.

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home