Monday, November 10, 2008

Pine Squirrels and Pink Eye

Well, it was an interesting night tonight. Annalynn has been having this light green discharge from her eyes and ever since the kids at school have been sick,so has she. This has been going on a month now. So we're not going back to school until she is absolutely 100% healthy. Dr. McGuckin had told me about an eye drop to get for Pink Eye as it sounded to him like this is what she has now on top of a cold and the squirts. This child has been sick more this month than she has in her whole life. It's hard when it seems there is just nothing you can do. So tonight she woke up with her eyes crusted shut. For a 4 year old, that is scary. So I got the warm wash cloth out and we worked on it awhile as she laid in my bed. On one of my trips to the bathroom, I thought I saw something run thru the hall, and it was NOT Buster. so I told Day and he got up and sure enough, there in the middle of the office was a pine squirrel. WHAT THE HECK DO YOU DO????? Shoot it? We don't have a gun......Beat it with a broom? Nope, they're too fast for that. So he told me to go into the bedroom and stay. And I gladly did as I worked on getting Annalynn's eyes open. After several minutes of running up and down the stairs and cussing, Day asked me to come into her room. Glad she was not in there, because as I jumped up on the bed to help him look for the thing, it ran across the bed and right into the live trap sitting in the door way. As this bastard proceeded to munch on the cheese Day put in there, we realize this thing is not big enough to set the trap off. So Day reaches over with the broom to hit the release lever. BAM. And out that little bugger went, right thru the wire. Obviously they can squeeze thru very little holes. off Day goes down the stairs to practice his vocabulary again. Finally the thing ran outside, as Day had propped the door open in hopes the thing would set his sights on freedom. So then I got in the car to go to Walmart for the eye drops. I get home and now have to wake her up again to work on the crust and get the drops in. Day practically had to employ a wrestling move so I could get the drops in. Why am I NOT looking forward to tomorrow???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home