Monday, February 18, 2008

Controversial Maybe?

Okay, I am not one for getting into "race" stuff or political stuff or consipracy theories. I do not claim to know much about trade, importing, safety guidelines, etc.....HOWEVER, I am noticing a lot of stuff in the news with China that is making me wonder....First the pet food thing.........how in the world could someone do that...but then, hey, THEY EAT THEIR DOGS.......Why the hell should they care about mine??? Then the whole toy thing. I am finally flipping things over that I look at in the store to see where it's made....Now when I see "Made in China" I usually put it back down. I'd rather spend a few dollars more and feel a little better about what's in it. Now the "illegal mine disguised as a wild boar farm..." explosion. How long will people keep turning their heads and saying "oh well, so what...." I am starting to want to keep up on world events a bit more.......People complain about the US not having enough jobs, and how they want it "made in the US." But then they bitch and moan when they have to pay more for things made here. Well, do you want cheap crap or do you want to support our workers? I mean, if you can buy a big bottle of Vitamin C for $2.99 and "get one free" don't you think it might be JUNK??? The store makes money, the middleman that gets it to the store makes money, and the foreigners (can't believe I am saying this...) that MADE it with CHEAP crap ingredients also made money. SO, if those hundred tablets are only really worth 25cents, don't we think there is something WRONG here?????? Waste less, spend a little more on better stuff and look where it's made. Sorry, I'm rambling. This probably doesn't even make sense. Like I said, I don't claim to be a politically educated person.But this is really starting to make me think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home