Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The great Harry Potter debate

Well, I have had several people ask me about this. My opinion is usually looked at as that "crazy religious lady and her closed mind." Today, something really interesting happened, so I guess the choice has been made. We have an older video in our cabinet called "Cats and Dogs." Annalynn has never seen it. I have watched it once or twice. It's cute. It was given to me by my sis I think. Anyway, it's been forever since I have watched it. Annalynn decided she wanted to see it. So I put it on and left the room. Well, the "sneak peeks" were on before the movie. I happened to walk in as one of the Harry Potter movie previews was on. Annalynn, WITHOUT ANY HELP FROM ME, OR WEIRD LOOKS OR COMMENTS, was VERY disturbed. She said "I don't like this mommy, this is not a nice show." And although I fast forwarded it and told her that was just a sneak peek from another movie, and again did not make a big deal out of it, she insisted I take the tape out and now she will have nothing to do with it. She has always been very sensitive to spiritual things. The other night, Day woke up in the middle of the night from a very horrible dream. I woke at the same time, also from having a horrible nightmare. Annalynn had chosen to sleep with us this particular night. She has been sleeping in her own bed for some time now, but occasionally crawls in with us. So the next night, I asked her where she wanted to sleep. She said "my room mommy. Your room has scary things in there." She has never said this before. So there was something causing us to both have nightmares. That little girl picked up on it, I am convinced. SO, the argument in THIS house is settled. NO HARRY POTTER and I am JUST FINE with that. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home