Monday, March 10, 2008

Gentle Instruction

I was reading thru a Bible study I have been working on for some time now, and something I read today really hit me. (pardon the pun...) It said, "God's teachers are not called to wield the Word of God like a baseball bat. The Sword of the Spirit is to injure Satan, not the body of Christ." Too many times, I have seen the church hurt each other while swinging that bat around. Folks, we've been popping each other upside the head for too long. The study today dealt with gentle instruction. Also talked about the difference between preaching and teaching. Preaching is for the lost, teaching is for the body of believers. Gently instructing and then doing what we learn we're supposed to be doing. Just some food for thought...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home