Thursday, February 12, 2009

My heart is heavy.....

I had Raymond put down Friday and my heart really hurts. He was a special little guy. He was a foster for a little over a year before we got to adopt him as our own. Every holiday would roll by and Day would ask me what I wanted. I'd tell him "Raymond" or I'd say "It's in the kitchen, you don't even gotta wrap it..." well, he finally was mine. In July, he started losing fur. Went to the vet. Got some meds. It got worse, and this went on for some time. Although he was looking pretty ragged, his spunky sweet little disposition was still alive. So I had to try and help him. Bloodwork, a bone marrow test for cancer, Cushings test, skin scrape, everything we did came back negative or inconclusive. Several meds, special shampoo, ointment, lotion, supplements, special food and even water. I miss my little guy so much. I sit here tonight at my computer and still cry. There are those that think I'm crazy or wasting my time with these dogs. oh well. They are a joy in my life and they fulfill something in me. There is a special bond I share with my dogs. Tonight, I really miss this one. See you at the bridge Raymond. I love you old boy. I miss you something fierce.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home